Ok, maybe you don’t want to be an archivist (or you already are). Honestly, I’m only writing this blog for 3 people: me, my Public History professor, and the archivist I work for. I’m writing this to journal what I’ve done and need to do for a ginormous donor outreach project I thought was a great idea last semester. 😉
What has been done:
- Created a working bibliography for reference:
- Gelfand, Aleksandr. “Quidditch, Zombies and the Cheese Club: A Case Study in Archiving Web Presence of Student Groups at New York University.” Journal of Contemporary Archival Studies 2, no. 1 (2015): 1-12. http://elischolar.library.yale.edu/jcas/vol2/iss1/5/.
- Passoneau, Sarah, and Michele Christian. “Participant Learning in an Archival Education and Outreach Program to Fraternities and Sororities: An Implementation of Evidence-Based Librarianship and Information Science.” RBM: A Journal of Rare Books, Manuscripts, and Cultural Heritage 14, no. 2 (September 21, 2013): 92-110. http://rbm.acrl.org/content/14/2/92.full.pdf+html.
- Purcell, Aaron D. Academic Archives: Managing the Next Generation of College and University Archives, Records, and Special Collections. Chicago: Neal-Schuman, 2012.
- Samuels, Helen Willa. Varsity Letters: Documenting Modern Colleges and Universities. Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press, 1998.
- University of Pittsburgh. Student Organization Records Toolkit (SORT) @ Pitt Archives. December 5, 2015. http://pitt.libguides.com/SORT.
- Williams, Joseph A., and Elizabeth M. Berilla. “Minutes, Migration, and Migraines: Establishing a Digital Archives at a Small Institution.” American Archivist 78, no. 1 (Spring 2015): 84-95. http://dx.doi.org/10.17723/0360-9081.78.1.84.
- Over Winter Break, created a display in Bailey Library’s lobby as a soft launch to the campaign.
- Developed outline for speech and accompanying PowerPoint.
- Held several planning meetings with University Archivist.
- On January 31, 2017, accompanied University Archivist to Spring Organization fair at the Smith Center and spoke to many representatives about the Archives and donation.
- February 21, 2017: Met with the Program Coordinator for Greek Life and Student Organizations at CSIL. CSIL offered to assist with advertising the promotion after I draft an email and flyer.
- Determined preliminary date and location for presentation: April 4, 2017, Common Hour, at the Smith Student Center… probably one of the smaller meeting rooms on the 3rd floor. Room side is dependent on number of confirmations received.
- Created RSVP page to be found at sruarchives2017.wufoo.com. Site will go live after Spring Break.
Still to do:
- Draft advertisements for distribution to Organizations & academic honoraries, whose advisors are listed in the Academic Honors Convocation program.
- Choose items to include within PowerPoint, and actually write it.
- Create Proposal and & rubric for Public History professor so I can be properly graded on this project.